FPNZ

Fishpond

Recommended books

The Secret

Friday, June 6, 2008

Loss Weight by counting calorie!

I bought this used book, Sneaky Exercise by Leslie Goldin for only P90.00 (about $2.00).

It is interesting and advice is easy to understand and I think simple to execute (will post about it in the few days).

There is one thing there I was really surprised to know.. computing calorie requirement.
This is important to me, you see, my analogy of gaining weight is saving money. If I can measure calorie intake, just like money, it would be easy for me to monitor my daily requirement and how much more should I used/ burned in case I over indulged in eating. : )

“Playing with food values becomes fun when you realize how easy it can be to modify your metabolism by increasing or decreasing your energy – or calorie-intake. If you simply reduce your calories by 500 per day, in seven days you should lose one pound (3,500 calories).” (Quoted from the book)

To compute how much one needs in a day, simply multiply your weight by 15 (if physically active) and by 12 (if inactive), I used the latter to be conservative. Mine is 160 x 12, so that’s 1,920. What does this mean? By consuming 1,920 calories per day, I will be able to maintain my weight, but by reducing my intake say to 1,420 per day, I a week I will loss a pound! Great!
So, since my target for the week is 2.5 pounds (according to expert losing this much in a week is still healthy) I have to reduce my calorie intake for a week by 8,750 or 1,250 per day. Realistic? I don’t know.

Here is the plan (again?). Consume only 1,420 daily (reduction of 500), and use/burn 750. Simple? Nah!

Need to know calorie contents of my food and calories burned of my exercise. Will research further. Will post the result here.

Ciao!

No comments: